The global cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management market size is expected to reach USD 2.31 Billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period, according to latest report by Reports and Data. Factors that are expected to drive market revenue growth include increasing number of people suffering from neurological diseases, a surge in demand for minimally invasive surgeries, and rapid advancements in healthcare facilities.
Growth of the market is being fueled by rising prevalence of hydrocephalus and subsequent increase in incidence of ventriculomegaly across the globe. Furthermore, implementation of advanced sensors in cerebrospinal fluid devices due to rapid advancements in technology has improved quality of diagnosis. This is another major factor to support revenue growth of the market.
Cerebrospinal fluid is a colorless fluid found in the brain and spinal cord. This fluid helps in delivering various nutrients to the central nervous system of the body by removing waste products, along with providing mechanical and immunological protection to the brain.
Factors such as growing geriatric population who are more prone to targeted diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, increasing awareness about treatment of hydrocephalus, and rapid development in the healthcare sector in developing countries are contributing significantly to revenue growth of the global market.
On the other hand, factors such as dearth of trained professionals and complications associated with CSF shunts are expected to restrict growth of the global cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management market to a certain extent over the forecast period.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1224
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- In April 2021, Biocept announced complete commercial launch of CNSide cerebrospinal fluid assay to address the needs of patients with metastatic brain cancer. Initially introduced in January 2020, the assays can provide a timely and accurate method to diagnose disease, identify actionable biomarkers, and assess response to therapy impacting quality of life and life expectancy.
- The shunts segment is expected to register robust revenue growth rate during the forecast period owing to increasing numbers of revision shunt surgeries being performed due to shunt malfunction and infection. Shunts are found to be useful for diversion of cerebrospinal fluid in a controlled manner away from the central nervous system (CNS) fluid compartments. It provides an alternative pathway for fluid flow.
- The pediatric segment accounted for significant revenue share in 2020, which can be attributed to rising incidence of congenital hydrocephalus and a surge in shunting procedures performed in pediatric population. Hydrocephalus is a common congenital condition in children, and it occurs in one or two babies per 1000 live births.
- Hospital segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2020 and is anticipated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period, owing to a large number of in-hospital cases related to cerebrospinal fluid management in elderly population. Additionally, treatment of this disease requires sophisticated equipment and proper infrastructure which are generally available in hospitals.
- The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to register fastest revenue growth rate during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of congenital hydrocephalus in China, rising geriatric population in different countries in the region, and growing medical tourism in India and several other countries are driving revenue growth of this regional market. Increasing awareness about neurological diseases and related treatment options in the region, coupled with rising incidence of stroke, is also creating increased need for cerebrospinal fluid management.
- Companies profiled in the global market report include Medtronic PLC, BeckerSmith Medical Inc., Integra Lifesciences, B. Braun Melsungen, Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG, Sophysa S.A., Natus Medical Incorporated, Moller Medical GmbH, Delta Surgical, and DePuy Synthes.
For this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) management market on the basis of type, patient type, end-use, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunts
- Ventriculoatrial Shunts
- Lumboperitoneal Shunts
- Ventriculopleural Shunts
- Fixed Valve Shunts
- Adjustable Valve Shunts
- External Drainage Systems
- External Ventricular Drainage Systems
- Lumbar Drainage Systems
Patient Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Explore Latest Trending Research Reports By Reports and Data:
Open Surgery Heart Valves Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/open-surgery-heart-valves-market
Skin Cancer Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/skin-cancer-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States